Professor Yuri Yatsenko
and other stuff:
· Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
• More than 200 publications in J. Economic Theory, Environment and Resource Economics, Energy Economics, Ecological Economics, J. Production Economics, J. Economic Dynamics and Control, J. Systems Sciences, Mathematical Biosciences, J. Optimization Theory and Applications, International Transactions in Operational Research, Operations Research Letters, Optimization, Engineering Economist, Forest Science, Math Methods of Operations Research, J. Mathematical Economics, J. Bioeconomics, Mathematical Population Studies, Applied Mathematics Letters, Applied Mathematical Modeling, Mathematical and Computer Modeling, Discrete Dynamics in the Nature and Society, IMA J. Management Mathematics, J. Industrial and Management Optimization, Nonlinear Analysis, J. Biological Systems, J. Supercomputing, J.Comput Applied Mathematics, OCAM, Cybernetics, J. Soviet Mathematics, and other journals.
• Five degrees in Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science.
• Wide undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate teaching experience in Mathematics, Business, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Sciences, and Information Systems.
• Six years of IS consulting experience in the US and Canadian high-tech industry, IS design and development experience for various computer platforms.
• Lectured in USA, Canada, Belgium, France, Spain, Greece, Poland, Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Azerbaijan.
• Marquis’s Who'sWho in the World 1995, 2006-2014; Marquis’s “Who'sWho in America” 2007-2014; "Who'sWho Among American Teachers & Educators“ 2006–2007.
Professor (title), Education Ministry of Ukraine (Kiev), specialty: Math Modeling and Numerical Algorithms in Scientific Research, 1995
Doctor of Sci. in Applied Mathematics (habilitate), Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of USSR (Moscow), 1988
Senior Researcher (title), Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (Moscow), 1988
Ph.D. in Computer Sciences, Kiev State University (Kiev, Ukraine), Department of Cybernetics, 1981
Honor M.Sc. in Physics, Kiev State University, Department of Mathematics and Mechanics, 1977
Optimization and Operations Research:
• Properties of optimal machine service life under technological change, with N.Hritonenko, International Journal of Production Economics, 114(2008), 230-238
• The dynamics of asset lifetime under technological change, with N.Hritonenko, Operations Research Letters, 36(2008), 565-568.
• Hybrid approach to the rational management of machine replacement, Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems Analysis, 2(2008), 335-343.
• Applied Mathematical Modeling of Engineering Problems, with N.Hritonenko, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Massachusetts, 2003, 286 p.
• Optimal equipment replacement without paradoxes: a continuous analysis, with N.Hritonenko, Operations Research Letters, 35(2007), 245-250.
• Optimal equipment replacement in economics and management, Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive Systems, Series A: Mathematical Analysis, 13B(2006), 102-115.
• Optimization of the lifetime of capital equipment using integral models, with N.Hritonenko, Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, 1(2005), 415-432.
• Structure of optimal trajectories in a nonlinear dynamic model with endogenous delay, with N.Hritonenko, Journal of Applied Mathematics, 5(2004), 433-445.
• Integral-functional equations for optimal renovation problems, with N.Hritonenko, Optimization, 36(1996), 249-261.
• Optimizing equipment in-service duration and costs while taking technological progress into account, with N.Hritonenko, Journal of Automation & Information Sciences, Begell House, 28(1996), No.2, 1-15.
• Optimization in integral model of developing systems, with N.Hritonenko, Optimization, 31(1994), 179-192.
• Mathematical modeling of the process of replacement and modernization of the elements of manufacturing systems, with I.Golovach, J. Automat. Inform. Sci., N-Y., Scripta Technica Inc., 25(1992), No.5, 78-81.
Mathematical Economics (Vintage Capital Models):
• Investment in vintage capital, with B.Jovanovic, Journal of Economic Theory, 147(2012), 551-569.
• Scarcity, regulation and endogenous technical progress, with R.Boucekkine and N.Hritonenko, Journal of Mathematical Economics, 47(2011), 186-199.
• N.Hritonenko and Yu.Yatsenko, Technological innovations, economic renovation, and anticipation effects, Journal of Mathematical Economics, 46(2010), 1064-1078.
• On explosive dynamics in R&D-based models of endogenous growth, with R.Boucekkine and N.Hritonenko, Nonlinear Analysis, 71(2009), e693-e700.
• From linear to nonlinear utility in vintage capital models, with N.Hritonenko, Mathematical Population Studies, 15:4(2008), 230-248.
• The optimal economic lifetime of vintage capital in the presence of operating cost, technological progress, and learning, with R.Goetz and N.Hritonenko, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 32(2008), 3032-3053
• Optimal control of Solow vintage capital model with nonlinear utility, with N.Hritonenko, Optimization, 57(2008), Issue 4, 581-590.
• Anticipation echoes in vintage capital models, with N.Hritonenko, Mathematical and Computer Modeling, 48(2008), 734-748.
• Concavity in a vintage capital model with nonlinear utility, with N.Hritonenko, Applied Mathematics Letters, 19(2006), 267-272.
• Optimization in a vintage capital model with piecewise linear cost function, with N.Hritonenko, Nonlinear Analysis, 65(2006), 2302-2310.
• Turnpike properties of optimal delay in integral dynamic models, with N.Hritonenko, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 127 (2005), 109-127.
• Turnpike theorems in an integral dynamic model of economic renovation, with N.Hritonenko, Cybernetics and Systems Analysis, N-Y., Plenum Publish. Corp., 33(1997), No.2, 259-273.
• Multi-criteria analysis of industry conversion rates using integral models, with V.Mikhalevich and V.Volkovich, Cybernetics and System Analysis, N-Y., Plenum Publish. Corp., 29(1993), No.1, 26-34.
• The turnpike approach to modeling renewal rates for engineering systems, with D.Aistrakhanov and V.Ishchuk, Engineering Simulation, Gordon and Breach Sci. Publishers, London, 10(1993), No.6, 941-954.
• Turnpike properties of the optimal periods for the service of funds, with N.Khritonenko and K.Semenov, Doklady Akad. Nauk Ukrainy.Series A, Kiev, 1992, No.11, 76-80 (in Ukrainian).
• Optimization of the rhythmicity of a "producers-consumers" system, with N.Pak, Doklady Akad. Nauk Ukrainy. Series A, Kiev, 1989, No.8, 69-71 (in Russian).
• Multi-sector integral model of economic dynamics (analysis and algorithms), with U.Galiev and Sh.Naubetova, Izvestiya Akad. Nauk Kazakhskoi SSR. Ser.fiz.-mat., 1986, No.3, 10-14 (in Russian).
• Comparison of some integral macroeconomic models, with V.Ivanov and U.Galiev, Soviet Automatic Control, N-Y., 18(1985), No.4.
Modeling of Environmental, Biological, and Demographic Processes:
• Modeling of a landlord-tenant agricultural system in the environmental context, with N.Hritonenko, R.Goetz, and A. Xabadia, accepted to Natural Resource Modeling (2014)
• Health, work intensity, and technological innovations, with R.Boucekkine and N.Hritonenko, Journal of Biological Systems, 22(2014), 219-233.
• Mathematical Modeling in Economics, Ecology and the Environment. Second Edition, with N.Hritonenko, Springer, 2013
• Forest carbon sequestration as a policy option under climate change, with N.Hritonenko, R.Goetz, R.Mur, and A. Xabadia, EM: Magazine for Environmental Managers, Air & Waste Management Association, May 2013, 34–37.
• On the optimal control of the vintage capital growth model with endogenous labor supply, with R.Boucekkine and N.Hritonenko, Mathematical Economics Letters, 1(2013), 3-7.
• Forest management for timber and carbon sequestration in the presence of climate change: The case of Pinus Sylvestris, with N.Hritonenko, R.Goetz, and A. Xabadia, Ecological Economics, 88(2013), 86-96.
• Optimal harvesting in forestry: steady-state analysis and climate change impact, with N.Hritonenko, R.Goetz, and A. Xabadia, Journal of Biological Dynamics, 7(2012), 41-58.
• Bang-bang, impulse, and sustainable harvesting in age-structured populations, with N.Hritonenko, Journal of Biological Systems, 20(2012), 133-153.
• Sustainable dynamics of size-structured forest under climate change, with N.Hritonenko, R.Goetz, and A. Xabadia, Applied Mathematics Letters, 25(2012), 1439-1443.
• Mathematical Modeling in Economics, Ecology and the Environment, with N.Hritonenko, Renmin University of China Press, Beijing: China, 2011 (in Chinese)
• Forest management and carbon sequestration in size-structured forests: The case of Pinus Sylvestris in Spain, with R.U. Goetz, N.Hritonenko, R.Mur, A.Xabadia, Forest Science, 56:3(2010), 242-256.
• Optimal Control of Age-structured Populations in Economy, Demography, and the Environment, with R.Boucekkine, N.Hritonenko, Routledge UK, 2010.
• Age-structured PDEs in economics, ecology, and demography: Optimal control and sustainability, with N.Hritonenko, Mathematical Population Studies, 17:4(2010).
• Maintenance of age-structured populations: optimal control, state constraints, and bang-bang regime, with N.Hritonenko, Journal of Biological Systems, 4(2009), 793-816.
• A bang-bang regime in optimal harvesting of size-structured populations, with N.Hritonenko, R.Goetz, and A.Xabadia, Nonlinear Analysis, 71(2009), e2331-e2336
• Maximum principle for a size-structured model of forest and carbon sequestration management, with N.Hritonenko, R.Goetz, and A.Xabadia, Applied Mathematics Letters, 21(2008), 1090-1094
• Using the escalator boxcar train to determine the optimal management of a size-distributed forest when carbon sequestration is taken into account, with R.Goetz, N.Hritonenko, and A.Xabadia, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 4818, I. Lirkov, S. Margenov, and J. Wasniewski (Eds.), Springer, Berlin, 2008, 334-341.
• The structure of optimal time- and age-dependent harvesting in the Lotka-McKendrik population model, with N.Hritonenko, Mathematical Biosciences, 208(2007), 48-62.
• Bifurcations in nonlinear integral models of biological systems, with N.Hritonenko, International Journal of Systems Science, 38(2007), 389-399.
• Mathematical Modeling in Economics, Ecology and the Environment, with N.Hritonenko, Series “Mathematical Masterpieces Abroad”, vol. 23, Science Press, China, 2006, 210 p. (reprint of the 1st edition of Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1999)
• Stability analysis of stochastic Ricker population model, with N.Hritonenko and A.Rodkina, Discrete Dynamics in the Nature and Society, 2006(2006), Article ID 64590, 13 pp.
• Optimization of harvesting return from age-structured population, with N.Hritonenko, Journal of Bioeconomics, 8(2006), 167-179.
• Optimization of harvesting age in integral age-dependent model of population dynamics, with N.Hritonenko, Mathematical Biosciences, 195(2005), 154-167.
• The qualitative investigation of the two-level optimal control problem of the ecological-economic regional system, with V.Volkovich and S.Verhoturova, J. Automat. Inform. Sci (Soviet Automatic Control), N-Y., Scripta Technica Inc., 26(1993), No.3, 38-45.
Energy, Technology and Global Change:
• Modeling of environmental adaptation versus pollution mitigation, with N. Hritonenko and T. Bréchet, Mathematical Modelling of Natural Phenomena 9:4(2014), 227-237
• Environmentally sustainable industrial modernization and resource consumption: Is the Hotelling’s rule too steep?, with N.Hritonenko and S.Boranbayev. under revision in Applied Mathematical Modelling, 2014
• Adaptation and mitigation in long-term climate policy, with N. Hritonenko and T. Bréchet, Environmental and Resource Economics, 55(2013), 217-243.
• Modeling of environmental adaptation: amenity vs productivity and modernization, with N.Hritonenko, Climate Change Economics 4:2(2013), 1-24.
• Energy substitutability and modernization of energy-consuming technologies, with N.Hritonenko, Energy Economics, 34(2012), 1548-1556.
• Technological modernization under resource scarcity, with N.Hritonenko, Optimal Control Applications and Methods, 33(2012), 249-262.
• Foreign debt, technology and sustainable consumption, with A.Yan, International Journal of Statistics and Economics, 7(2011), No.A11, 101-110.
• Technological breakthroughs and asset replacement, with N.Hritonenko, Engineering Economist, 54(2009), 81-100.
• Can technological change sustain retirement in an aging population?, with N.Hritonenko, Mathematical Population Studies, 15:2(2008), 96-113.
• Network economics and optimal replacement of age-structured IT capital, with N.Hritonenko, Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, 65(2007), 483-497.
• Technological change, equipment replacement, and forecast horizons, International Journal of Ecology and Development, 6(2007), 21-30.
• Optimization of financial and energy structure of productive capital, with N.Hritonenko, IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, 17(2006), No. 3, 245-255.
• Creative destruction of computing systems: Analysis and modeling, with N.Hritonenko, Journal of Supercomputing, 38(2006), 143-154.
• Mathematical Models of Global Trends and Technological Change, with N.Hritonenko, in Mathematical Models, [Ed. Jerzy A. Filar], in Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems, Developed under the Auspices of the UNESCO, Oxford, UK, 2007, [http://www.eolss.net]
• Analysis and optimization of technological development in market economics, with N.Hritonenko, in: Information Processing: Recent Mathematical Advances in Optimization and Control, Mathematical and Computational Sciences Series (J.Cagnol and J.-P. Zolesio, eds.), Presses de l'Ecole des Mines, Paris, France, 2004, 161-172 (ISBN 291-176-2568)
• Applied Mathematical Modeling of Engineering Problems, with N.Hritonenko, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Massachusetts, 2003, 286 p.
Integral and Differential Equations:
• Solvability of integral equations with endogenous delays, with N.Hritonenko, Acta Applicanda Mathematicae, 128:1(2013), 49-66
• Integral equation of optimal replacement: Analysis and algorithms, with N.Hritonenko, Applied Mathematical Modeling, 33(2009), 2737-2747
• Nonlinear integral models with endogenous delay in economics and finance, Nonlinear Analysis, 63(2005), e587-e594.
• Maximum principle for Volterra integral equations with controlled delay time, Optimization, 53(2004), 177-187.
• Integral equations of dynamic systems with controllable memory, Dynamic Systems & Applications, Dynamic Publishers, 4(2004), 495-500.
• Non-smooth solutions of a nonlinear integral-functional equation with an unknown delay, with N.Hritonenko, Functional Differential Equations, 11(2004), No.3-4, 395-406.
• Volterra integral equations with unknown delay time, Methods and Application of Analysis, International Press, 2(1995), 408-419.
• Integral Volterra equations with variable-duration after-effect, Soviet J. Automat. Inform. Sci., N-Y., Scripta Technica Inc., 24(1991), No.4, 25-31.
• Development and application of integral models of controlled dynamic systems, with V.Ivanov, Electronic Modeling, Gordon and Breach Sci. Publishers, 8(1990), No.3, 356-374.
• A study of an integral-functional equation that arises in optimization problems, Kibernetika, Naukova Dumka Press, Kiev, 1989, No.6, 117-118 (in Russian).
• Nonlinear integral models and algorithms for economic development forecasting, with E.Krotova, Soviet J. Automat. Inform. Sci., N-Y., Scripta Technica Inc., 21(1988), No.2, 67-71.
• The problems of optimal control for the integral dynamical models with controllable prehistory, with V.Ivanov, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 84(1986), 350-357.
• On the existence of optimal controls in integral dynamical models, Izvestiya Akad Nauk Kazakhskoi SSR. Ser.fiz.-mat., Almaty, Kazakhstan, 1986, No.5, 21-25 (in Russian).
• On systems of nonlinear Volterra integral equations with the unknown lower limit of integration, Ukrainian Mathematical Journal, N-Y., Plenum Publish.Corp., 38(1986), No.1.
Computational Algorithms and Methods:
• Two-cycle optimization in replacement models with non-exponential technological improvement, with N.Hritonenko, submitted to IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, 2014
• The method of artificial basis matrices, with V. Kudin, S. Lyashko, and N. Hritonenko, Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 9(2007), 30-34 (in Ukrainian)
• Analysis of properties of linear systems by method of artificial basis matrices, with V. Kudin, S. Lyashko, and N. Hritonenko, Kibernetika i Sistemnyi Analiz 53(2007), 119-127 (in Russian, translated as Cybernetics and Systems Analysis by Springer)
• The maximization of submodular functions: old and new proofs for the correctness of the dichotomy algorithm, with B. Goldengorin, S.Lyashko, and N.Hritonenko, Journal of Numeric and Applied Mathematics, Kiev University, Ukraine, 93(2005), No. 2, 17-28.
• Spline collocation methods for nonlinear Volterra integral equations with unknown delay, with H.Brunner, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 71(1996), 67-81.
• Algorithm with asymptotically optimal accuracy for solving the nonlinear Volterra integral equation, J. Soviet Math., Plenum Publish.Corp., 58(1992), No.3, 217-221.
• Approximate algorithm for modeling optimal renewal times in economic systems, with D.Aistrakhanov, Cybernetics and System Analysis, N-Y., Plenum Publish. Corp., 28(1992), No.6, 945-949.
• A projection-iterative method for solution of systems of integral Volterra equations of the second kind, with E.Krotova, Soviet Math. (Iz. VUZ), Allerton Press, N-Y., 34(1990), No.1, 41-44.
• Optimal algorithms for solution of Volterra integral equation in smooth function classes, with Sh.Naubetova, Ukrainian Mathematical Journal, N-Y., Plenum Publish.Corp., 41(1989), No.1, 130-133.
• Adaptive algorithms of optimization in integral macroeconomic model, with V.Ivanov, Doklady Akad. Nauk SSSR, 290(1986), No.4 (in Russian).
• Optimal trajectories in multi-sector dynamical models with controllable memory, Doklady Akad. Nauk Ukrainy. Series A, Kiev, 1986, No.12, 61-64 (in Russian).
• The method of averaging functional corrections with factorial convergence for nonlinear Volterra integral equations, with E.Krotova, Soviet Math. (Iz. VUZ), Allerton Press, N-Y., 29(1985), No.8, 102-106.
• Automatic program production for the simulation of evolving systems, with T.Dyn`ko, V.Vishnya, V.Petrichenko, Cybernetics, N-Y., Plenum Publish. Corp., 21(1985), No.4, 438-442.
Ø Professor in Business, Houston Baptist University (Texas USA), 2002-present
Ø Visiting Professor, New York University, Department of Economics, August 2014, August 2013
Ø Visiting Professor, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium), July 2014, July 2010, September-December 2008
Ø Visiting Professor, University of Girona (Spain), June 2013, June 2012, June 2008, July 2006
Ø Visiting Professor in Information Systems, Eurasian National University (Astana, Kazakhstan), May 2008, May 2005
Ø Adjunct Professor in Computer Sciences, University of Alberta (Edmonton, Canada), 1999
Ø Professor in Computer Methods in Electrodynamics, Academy of Technology in Bydgoszcz (Poland), 1993-1995
Ø Professor in Applied Mathematics, Kiev University (Ukraine), 1991-1993
Ø Head, Department of Ecological Modeling and Control, Institute of Cybernetics, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences (Kiev, Ukraine), 1991-96
Ø Senior/Leading Researcher, Department of Computational Methods, Cybernetics Institute (Kiev, Ukraine), 1984-91
Recent Talks at Conferences and Workshops:
· 8th International Conference on Modelling in Industrial Maintenance and Reliability (July 10-12, 2014, Oxford University, Oxford UK)
· 5th Workshop on Game Theory in Energy, Resources and Environment (May 26-28, 2014, HEC Montréal, University of Montréal, Québec, Canada) – a plenary speaker
· International Workshop on Heterogeneous Dynamic Models of Economic and Population Systems (November 25-26, 2013,Vienna, Austria)
· 4th Workshop on Game Theory in Energy, Resources and Environment (November 29-30, 2012, HEC Montréal, University of Montréal, Québec, Canada) – a Session chair
· 12th Viennese Workshop on Optimal Control, Dynamic Games and Nonlinear Dynamics (May 30 - June 2, 2012, Technische Universität Wien, Austria)
· 2012 Annual Joint Mathematics Meetings of AMS and MAA (January 4-7, 2012, Boston MS) – a Special Session chair
· 3rd International Conference on Mathematical Modeling and Analysis of Populations in Biological Systems - ICMA III (October 7-9, 2011, Trinity University, San Antonio TX).
· Conference “Sustainable Growth, Technological Progress and the Environment” (May 19-21, 2011, UCL, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium)
· 2011Annual Joint Mathematics Meetings of AMS and MAA (January 6-9, 2011, New Orleans LA) – a Special Session chair
· The 2010 INFORMS Annual Meeting (Austin TX, November 7-10, 2010) – a Special Session chair
· 4th World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists (June 28-July 2, 2010, Montreal, Canada).
· Fourth Annual NBER Conference "Macroeconomics: Across Time and Space" (April 30-May 1, 2010, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA).
· 33th Annual Texas Partial Differential Equations Conference (April 10-11, 2010, University of Texas, Austin TX).
· 23rd European Conference on Operational Research (July 2009, Bonn, Germany).
International Conference “Sustainable
Development: Demographic, Energy and Inter-generational Aspects” (November
Workshop "Dynamics, Optimal
Growth and Population Change: Theory and Applications" (September 18-19,
6th World Congress of
Workshop on the Management of Natural Resources and
Distributed Optimal Control (
· 2008 Annual Joint Mathematics Meetings of AMS and MAA (January 6-9, 2008, San Diego CA)
Viennese Vintage Workshop “Age-Structured Models in
Population Dynamics and Economics” (November 26-27, 2007,
Workshop on Carbon Sequestration in Agriculture and Forestry
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists: Summer
Workshop (June 7-9, 2007, Mystic,
· 2007 Annual Joint Mathematics Meetings of AMS and MAA (January 5-8, 2007, New Orleans LA)
5th International Conference on Differential Equations and
Dynamical Systems (December 16-18, 2006, the University of Texas-Pan American,
Workshop "Macrodynamics, Technical Change, and the
Environment" (November 2006, Center for Operations Research and
International Conference on Hybrid Systems and Applications
(May 22-26, 2006,
International Conference on Management Sciences:
Optimization Models & Applications (May 20-22, 2006,
1st Workshop on Vintage Modelling in Economics
and Economic Demography (September 26-27, 2005, European University Institute,
3rd International Workshop on Differential
Equations and Dynamical Systems (July 29-31, 2005,
· The 2005 World Congress in Applied Computing (June 2005, Las Vegas, USA) - 2005 International Conference on Scientific Computing (CSC'05) – an International Program Committee member
3rd Workshop “
4th World Congress of Nonlinear Analysts WCNA-2004
· 21st IFIP TC7 conference on System Modeling and Optimization (July 21-25, 2003, France).
International Summer School "Application of Mathematics in
Engineering and Economics” (June 9-14, 2003,
1st International Conference on Business Economics, Management & Marketing
International Conference on Dynamic Systems and Applications (May 2003,
Colloquium Talks at Universities:
University of Girona (2013, 2012, 2008, 2006, Spain), Université Catholique de Louvain (2011, 2008, 2004, Louvain, Belgium), Université Aix-Marseille II (2012, Marseille, France), University of Newfoundland (2009, 1993, St. John’s, Canada), Texas A&M University-Kingsville (2007, Kingsville, Texas), Athens University of Economics and Business (2007, Athens Greece), Texas A&M University (2006, College Station, Texas), Eurasian National University (2007, 2005, Astana, Kazakhstan), Trinity University (2005, San Antonio, Texas), University of Texas at Dallas (2004), Penn State University (2002), Albany State University (2001), University of Alberta (1996, Edmonton, Canada), Athens University (1994, Athens, Greece), Byelorussian State University (1994, Minsk, Belarus), Warsaw University (1993, Warsaw, Poland), Technical University at Zielona Gora (1993, Poland), Azerbaijan State University (1992, Baku, Azerbaijan), Kazakhstan State University (1991, Almaty, Kazakhstan), Moscow State University (1987, 1988, Moscow, Russia), Tajikistan State University (1986, Dushanbe, Tajikistan), Turkmenistan State University (1984, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan), Kiev State University (1981-1995, 2006, 2007, Kiev, Ukraine).
PhD Student Supervision:
1. Rustem Bigarinov – PhD in Economics of Information Systems, 2009 (Eurasian National University - ENU, Astana, Kazakhstan)
2. Askar Boranbayev – PhD in Information Systems, 2008 (ENU, Astana, Kazakhstan)
3. Askerbek Nugumanov – PhD in Information Systems, 2008 (ENU, Astana, Kazakhstan)
4. Nurgalym Adamov – PhD in Information Systems, 2008 (ENU, Astana, Kazakhstan)
5. Svetlana Verhoturova – PhD in Computer Sciences, 1995 (Kiev State University, Ukraine)
6. Nikolay Pak – PhD in Economics, 1995 (Kiev State University, Ukraine)
7. Ivan Golovach – PhD in Mathematics, 1994 (Kiev State University, Ukraine)
8. Dimitri Aistakhanov – PhD in Computer Sciences, 1991 (Kiev State University, Ukraine)
9. Alua Sarbasova – PhD in Computer Sciences, 1989 (Kiev State University, Ukraine)
10. Sholpan Naubetova – PhD in Mathematics, 1988 (Kiev State University, Ukraine)
Activity as a reviewer:
· 1996–now Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Reliability, International Journal of Systems Science, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Social Studies, International Journal of Production Economics, Optimal Control Applications and Methods, Optimization, Journal of Public Economic Theory, Mathematical Population Studies, Mathematical and Computer Modeling, Engineering Economist, Bulletin of Statistics and Economics, Cybernetics and Systems Analysis, Mathematical Methods in Applied Sciences, Dynamics Games and Applications, Applications and Applied Mathematics, Journal of Biological Sciences, and many others
• Universite Catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium)
• Cybernetics Institute of National Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
• Kiev University, Faculty of Cybernetics
• Some other academic institutions
• Some homepages of collaborators and colleagues
* * * * * * The rest is under development. Please come later